Did you know that Tangles Talk?
I created this Zentangle tile using the Icosahedron or twenty-sided polyhedron die with numbers on each face that came with my Zentangle® Kit.
I have a book that is the home of all of my favorite tangle patterns. I’ve numbered them from 1 to 130. On my first roll of the die I get a cast from 1 to 20, on the second roll, I add the number that I get to 20, on the next roll I add the number to 40, then 60, 80, 100 etc.
Or at least that is how I planned it to work. The die and my system had a cast of its own (remember there are no mistakes) and the numbers that were added up and their corresponding tangles turned out to be: 2. FESCU, 46. SCENA, 70. SEZ, 113. y-not variation, 87. GNEISS, 38. BALES, 12. HOLLIBAUGH, 34. YINCUT, 54. SNAIL variation
I then talked to the tangles and asked them for a message. All you have to do is listen. This is what they had to say:
2. FESCU – I am the seed ~ that is blown ~ by the wind ~ and Whispers Aloha ~ to the earth ~ as it grows ~ towards the sun ~ reminding me ~ of change.
46. SCENA – I am the wind ~ that Whispers Aloha ~ against my skin ~ reminding me ~ to be ~ in the present moment.
70. SEZ – I am the water ~ that Whispers Aloha ~ as it ripples ~ in the pond ~ a stone is dropped ~ reminding me ~ of my inner power.
113. y-not variation – I am the stick ~ that Whispers Aloha ~ as it floats ~ in the river ~ brushes against rocks ~ moves with the current ~ reminding me ~ to enjoy the journey.
87. GNEISS – I am the night and the day ~ that Whispers Aloha ~ and dances with the stars ~ reminding me ~ to kiss a wish ~ and manifest my dreams.
38. BALES – I am the thread ~ that Whispers Aloha ~ as I am turned and spun ~ reminding me ~ to fully participate ~ in creation.
12. HOLLIBAUGH – I am the line ~ that Whispers Aloha ~ and connects two sides ~ a bridge ~ reminding me ~ to crossover.
34. YINCUT – I am the space ~ that Whispers Aloha ~ between ~ Yin and Yang ~ reminding me ~ of wholeness.
54. SNAIL Variation – I am the spiral ~ that Whispers Aloha ~ as I turn ~ inward ~ reminding me ~ to look ~ out.
I know that all divination is really about the present moment. So… If I were to do this again and ask the tangles for a message it is entirely possible that they will have something different to say.
Join in on the fun and Purchase a Zentangle® Kit with your very own Icosahedron die and Zentangle Legend ™